Asphalt 8: The Decals Feature

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by troutski, Aug 4, 2015.

1. troutski

troutski Active Member

It adds an element of customization to the game, but I find the feature pretty useless. What about you? Do you care much about the Decals feature of the game?

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Uhh.. not really. I never use it that much but I guess it's always good that it's there, especially for people who want more customization options.

3. troutski

troutski Active Member

I mean, who's paying attention to the decals during an actual race. I'm not looking at the person's car in front of me. I'm looking to stay in front of them and never look back!

4. rajesh1209

rajesh1209 Member

Actually, 'decals' is the best feature for the people who like customization. My friend loves to customize and that is why he loves the feature. Though, I do not like much customization. So, for me it's not an interesting feature.

5. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I usually don't use decals in most racing games because most of them are tacky and awful. The most I use is often the racing stripes because is simple and it goes with any color. On this game in particular the decals are extra lame, I agree.

6. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Customization is king in racing games, ever since Need for Speed Underground gave us vinyl, decals and paints everyone expects some degree of car customization.

The decal system in Asphalt 8 is pretty good in terms of variety and options.

7. Locoton22

Locoton22 Member

Well, the feature gives the game some special stuff that as a new ersion, it is mandatory that the game has to be somehow better than the previous versions according to people's rating, however I really liked it.

8. GenevB

GenevB Member

Actually I find it a nice feature, letting you customize the game a little is the way developers keeps gamers "with them" nowadays, giving you a feel of "yours", making you believe that you had put more than time into that game, making you think it's a kind of art and creation.

9. ZXD123

ZXD123 Member

Useless, just for cosmetics...

10. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

I've never played the game, but I probably wouldn't be all that excited about decals. It's just a cool little customization feature. I don't like it nor hate it.

11. spence88

spence88 Member

I don't play the game too, but I don't care if asked the same question generally lol. I'm not into designing or customizing the appearance of my car. I care more about its performance, and that's where I focus.

However, the decal feature "adds" to the value of the game. Although some might see it useless, including myself, but for some, it might make a difference. Some people would just love to mod their cars