Asphalt 8: Airbourne app

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by primalclaws1974, Dec 8, 2014.

1. primalclaws1974

primalclaws1974 Member

It has been the weekend of trying new games on my phone, let me tell you! This game is also very nice, but it doesn't run the same on my Android phone as it does on my Android tablet. The graphics will not come off the "low option" on the tablet. I expected a tablet to have the better quality, not lower. Other than that, the game kicks butt. Anyone else have settings issues?

2. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

It's my favorite arcade racing game on the phone, hands down. The graphics are absolutely amazing, but it comes at the cost of draining battery pretty quickly!

3. utneqo7d

utneqo7d Member

56 vehicles in an app, well that's pretty nice, though I'm disappointed that the quality depends on the type of device, especially since you say your tablet doesn't have better graphics, that's a bit stupid, but other than that, it looks like a pretty good app.

4. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Member

It's a nice game, but the amount of space it takes, at least on Android devices is humongous, especially if you don't have much space on your SD card. Still, about the game itself, I have no real complaints, as it's a really fun game with really nice graphics.

5. Sparkster

Sparkster Member

Yep, that's pretty much one of the reasons I haven't downloaded it yet. It looks very good and judging by what people are saying it sounds pretty awesome, but I also have a feeling it's not going to work on my device.

primalclaws1974 likes this.
  6. utneqo7d

utneqo7d Member

I actually can't even download it, it's too big for my phone, and I'm not going to delete other apps knowing it will look shitty anyway. I might try it in the future when I'm bored and have some more time, if somehow this would work on my device, then it would be a great game, they're nearly 2 million 5 star ratings, that's a lot!

primalclaws1974 likes this.
  7. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Overall I would recommend it for tablets instead. The graphics of the game are extremely detailed and well-made after all, it would be a waste and difficult to see on a small phone screen!

8. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I play on iOS and I never noticed and graphics issues. I'm guessing the Android tablet you have must just be a bit outdated. I think the game is great though and I'd personally still play it even with lower graphic settings.

9. troutski

troutski Active Member

iPhones and iPads excel in the graphics and performance department compared to most Android devices. When considering Android only, a lot of older devices (even a year or two old) won't play Asphalt 8 properly because the hardware can't keep up with the requirements. A Snapdragon 600 or 800 or better chipset with decent Adreno GPU can play the game fine, but you're probably going to see major stuttering on a weaker Snapdragon 400 chipset.

10. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I didn't know that. I always thought if you spent the same amount of money for an ipad you can get the same specs on an android if not better. I am very happy with the performance of mine though. It's already 2 generations old at this point and it still runs like brand new.

11. primaLucid

primaLucid New Member

I definitely agree, this is one of the best racing games on IOS. I love the stellar graphics and the gameplay. Playing this game on the Ipad is amazing, it feels realistic and I get the racing adrenaline like many other racing games.

12. Sparkster

Sparkster Member

I actually have enough space on my SD card to download it, but if I try to I get a message saying there isn't enough space on my SD card! I actually seem to be having this problem quite a lot lately for some reason.

13. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Agreed. It performs just like a console games and the controls are surprisingly pleasant. Before I ever got to play on touch pads I was worried that most games would be awful on it, but at least there are exceptions.

14. burtpovski

burtpovski Member

Asphalt 8 Airborne is a really amazing app. Really nice graphics AND it's free too! Such a win-win.

15. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Agreed. I was really surprised at how good it looked and played as a mobile game. After playing this my view of mobile games changed a bit for the positive.

16. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

This is the best racing game on mobile for me. It runs pretty smoothly on my LG G2 and I play it on max.
    The graphics are nice and this games has a very nice racing feel.

17. troutski

troutski Active Member

The game is free, though you're going to find the pay-to-win model a little annoying later in the game because it turns into a huge grind without paying for things like cars and upgrades.

18. niiro17

niiro17 Member

The game is nice and it has amazing graphics. Can't believe that this is free too.

19. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

I do not think that I have ever tried this game. The other day a buddy of mine had me playing an asphalt game on his Android but I did not think that this was the same name that it had. I will definitely be checking out this game.

20. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Agreed. It's the only complaint I have for it since you can't really win some of the higher races with lower tier cars. I know they need to make money off of their app but I wish they could have been a lot less heavy handed with it.