Are you enjoying GTA V on PC?

Discussion in 'Grand Theft Auto' started by FuZyOn, May 27, 2015.

1. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I was debating if I should purchase it for PC since I already have the XBOX One version. Are there any secret perks if you purchase it for that platform?

2. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Member

PC version of GTA is a "definitive" edition. There are so many more features for it and it just plains looks better if you have ac omptuer that can bump up the graphics. I used my friends game to benchmark the game on my crappy system and it still looked good. There aren't any perks that i'm aware of but I know you can edit stuff and make videos which I don't think you can do on the console version.

3. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Well, that seems really nice. I'm waiting for my 4k monitor to come in so I think that I should buy it for PC if you say that the graphics are definitely better.
    Thank you for the opinion!

4. troutski

troutski Active Member

For now, yes. Rockstar already announced the editor is coming to consoles, though.

5. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Member

No problem :D I think there are a few comparison videos out there for it. But I know with a really beefy computer you can get some really impressive graphics out of the game. Some people running on SLI push it up to almost 8gbs of gpu memory usage.

6. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Member

Ah good info to know, I wasn't sure if they were going to bring the editor to the consoles or not. I wonder why they didn't have it in from the start though.

7. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

That's good to know, thanks. I'm impressed to hear that it can be played on computers with lower specs because the game is so robust.

8. troutski

troutski Active Member

The PC version of the Rockstar Editor could have been a test for consoles, or it could have been something that was added in last minute, and they needed to see if the consoles could handle it with extra testing. Who knows?

9. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Member

Yeah it works great n my system, and its just a quad core at 3.5ghz, 4gbs of ram, and a radeon 5750. I probably shouldn't be able to run it as good as I do but they optimized the hell out of it and I am thankful for that. The wait was worth it for me. :D

10. niiro17

niiro17 Member

Yes. Playing GTA V on PC is definitely fun. I get to use some mods and do some crazy things and it's more fun because of mods.

11. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

That's cool. I remember seeing the required specs when they were just about to release the PC version and even then I was kind of impressed with how low the requirements were considering the game was so detailed and packed with features.

12. elmarianexx

elmarianexx Member

Aside from the few issues I've been having with GTA Online (Haven't touched singleplayer apart from the first 2 missions) its been flawless.

13. troutski

troutski Active Member

You're missing out on a decent campaign.

14. GenevB

GenevB Member

If you already have it for XBox then I don't think it's worth purchasing it again for your PC. Just stick to your version, it's pretty much the same and there won't be many things left to avow you since you already played it (I guess you even finished it).

15. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

I wanted to purchase it for modding compatibility but I heard the online mode is full of hackers, so that is a big turn off for me. If you played it on the PC could you tell me if those assumptions are right?

16. jbepp

jbepp Member

GTA on PC is a much better experience in my opinion. If you have a decent rig, playing the game at 60 FPS and at 1080p feels much more immersing that it did on consoles. I played a few times on a PS# but the experience on PC is completely different.

17. TheViper

TheViper Member

The PC version opens it up to a variety of mods that you can use. The console versions are good but have their limits like every other console game. Heck, I am still using the superman mod like it is going out of style.

18. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

This is why most people prefer The PC version I think. Although, if I'm not mistaken I think they are releasing some form of editor for consoles soon as well.

19. puneeth8994

puneeth8994 Member

Yep, it's fun. Personally I think the consoles have a lot of constraints. 4 GB of RAM's pretty good for the game and I don't like the transition from PC to console anyway.

20. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

It's great for the first person view and the modding scene, I've been having a blast playing the game.