Are there any racing simulator games for Oculus?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by erook7878, Mar 26, 2016.

1. erook7878

erook7878 Active Member

Are any of the major developers planning a full simulator game with a wheel plus the Oculus? How good do you think it would be and would a VR even be necessary for a driving game? I guess it would be cool to be able to see to the side or behind by turning your head.

2. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

They'll be two games launching with the Oculus Rift Headset:

- Project Cars.
    - Radial G

For full simulator games I think we'll have to wait a little longer for them.

3. spence88

spence88 Member

I was about to ask if it's good or not but I guess it's pointless to. It's a shame that we can't really experience the VR gameplay without having to actually try it ourselves. That way we can never really depend on the feedback of others if it's good or not. Nevertheless, I will definitely buy one of this in the future. It's just too expensive right now.

4. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

PS VR will be cheaper than Oculus rift. It will cost $399 which is about $200 cheaper than Oculus RIft's VR headset. If you are quite eager to experience VR you could try Gear VR [but it works only with Samsung Galaxy devices].

5. spence88

spence88 Member

I see, haven't heard the Gear VR before. I'll check them out. Thanks for the info

6. ZXD123

ZXD123 Member

I know Project cars is coming out with the oculus, but I am not sure of the other game. I will do more research!

7. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

There's plenty of them, even Mario Kart has support.

8. Locoton22

Locoton22 Member

Yeah I've heard theres a couple of them but I don't see how they would be good unless they are really tested, thats my opinion though. I have never ever tried the Oculus on my own self I really don't know exactly.