Anyone else think there should be an "old school" thread about racing games?

Discussion in 'Mario Kart' started by OursIsTheFury, May 5, 2016.

1. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

Games like F1, Crash Team Racing, earlier versions of Mario Kart, and even the racing side game in Mortal Kombat: Armageddon. We should have a place here to discuss these classic games, as they were big parts of ours childhoods, right? Racing games nowadays are great and all, but we should also have the option to talk about the pioneers of the racing genre.

2. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I think it would be nice. We have threads about these here from time to time but it would be great to have a section where it can be more organized and encouraged.

3. Naturalbeauty92

Naturalbeauty92 Member

I think an old school thread would be nice. I personally think the old school games had more character. Games that goes all the way back to the Nintendo 64 like 007, Mario Kart, Blitz and so on are my favorites.

4. spectre456

spectre456 Member

That's a cool idea, although I wonder how much discussion it would generate since there's not gonna be new things to add. Discussions about older games are always fun though.

5. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Well I am not sure if this is showing my age at all, but I wish there were an old school everything. Maybe it is just my constant desire to revisit my childhood and get a do over, but I always like thinking about the good old days before life got real. The nostalgia and the good feelings can really make my day, so I certainly second this motion. Thanks for sharing.