Any Tips For Winning Any Racing Game?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing' started by Denis Hard, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

I'm certain that almost everyone when playing a racing game wants to win. But for those new these games, they might find it pretty hard to do that.

What tips would you guys offer someone who wants to win any racing game?

2. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

The best way to win a race in my opinion is to learn the road and to find out the most efficient places to turn. Making bad turns is what costs players a lot of their time and if I'm not mistaken this is one of the most important skills in real racing as well.

3. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Member

As stated earlier, memorizing the track and learning the controls is key. If you anticipate and heavy right, then you will know to slow down and get ready to drift if you are hitting it hard.

That will make or break you success rate. Track memorization. In rally car racing you do have a so pilot that reads the track for you. But in other types of racing, nope. You might have a pit crew, but that's about it.

4. teabwoi

teabwoi Member

Choose a fast car that has good controlling and learn the tracks. You cannot win a racing game if you do not know how to handle your car and how the tracks go. Once you get a feel for racing in the game you will be able to win more racing games. Never expect to win too much when you just get a racing game, but once you learn the tracks there is really no way that you will not be able to win.

5. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Get accustomed to a car and practice racing with it everyday. You'll have a lot of success if you learn your car well, and also learn the tracks - knowing when to slow down and when to accelerate can be a deciding factor.

6. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Agreed. Usually in racing games there are many variations on how a car will handle and it really is best to find something that works well with your style of gameplay. I myself could never understand why the cars that have high speed but low handling exists but I'm sure there are people out there who are great with these types of vehicles.

7. Susime

Susime Active Member

Learn the circuits you're racing at. Learn the perfect line in and out of a corner and perfect the areas where you are weakest at a specific circuit.

Also it's very much the same with the car you're using. Learn where it excels and where it falls short. For instance if it's fast through the turns use that to your advantage and try to get a good run on the straights. If it's fast on the straights but not so good through turns, go easy through the turns and focus on overtakes on the straights.

8. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Those are really good on the tracks that are narrower and don't have a lot of turns, it depends on the track. Although even on those tracks the low handling cars are really bad, especially if it's raining outside.

9. Susime

Susime Active Member

*cough* Bugatti Veyron *cough*

It's a seriously fast car but cannot turn for peanuts. All it's good for is speedway oval type tracks and even then it struggles a little.

If you want to win, don't pick one of them!

10. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Agreed. I personally just use the better handling cars just because I'm too lazy to train myself to get better at using the more difficult ones. I guess it's why I have a harder time finishing first on certain tracks sometimes.

11. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Lol. I don't know much about cars but yeah I've probably gotten to race with some of those or at least some that handle similarly. It's really so difficult that I find it hard to imagine anyone using them but I'm sure someone somewhere has been able to master them.

12. troutski

troutski Active Member

Go fast.

13. troutski

troutski Active Member

Actually, if there's a mini-map in your racing game of preference, then learn to pay attention to both the actual road and the map to know exactly what's coming next and immediately after that.

14. TheViper

TheViper Member

If you are a noob in any racing game then you must learn the race track. The biggest problem for me is that I don't perform well if I can't see what is next. That is why people fail so hard on games like Mario Kart and NASCAR. Not knowing how the map is going will make you commit big mistakes.

Wubwub and rajesh1209 like this.
  15. rajesh1209

rajesh1209 Member

The only thing that you can help to win a racing game is 'Experience'. If you got a new game, you will need to practise it untile you become a pro. I also encounter a lot of problem when I play a new racing game but over time, it becomes easy for me.

16. Chocoo

Chocoo New Member

You have to get a feel for the course and the controls before you can really figure it out. Know the best route, know when to cut corners and when to go left or right. And you have to know the controls, you have to know when the best time to drift (if applicable) is, how to take a sharp turn the most efficiently, and how to maximize your speed. If you're not open to learning and practice, you can't get far in this genre.

17. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Way back when I used to think you just needed a faster car and in a sense that is true but as racing games grew more sophisticated I started to see the subtle details necessary to win as well and I found out that knowing the turns and finding the sweet spots is really more the key when you aren't allowed to just get more powerful cars to best the competition.

18. ZXD123

ZXD123 Member

I would probably run a test drive on any tracks you are not familiar with and do a quick couple runs on the tracks by your self and try to find the best possible routes with any short cuts if in handy. This will try to provide you with track memory and you will be able to shave precious seconds off the clock

19. spence88

spence88 Member

Depends upon the game really. Each game has its own mechanics. They have different feel so you have to practice and learn those. I mean I can't use my drifting techniques in Mario Kart on other racing games right? :)

20. tgthewriter1

tgthewriter1 Member

If you want to win a racing game then you need to get a motorcycle. Then you need to save money and buy a descent car. It is really that simple. Motorcycles are faster and can go further than cars. Follow this simple technique and you will be able to win more races.