Any Of You Still Play Road Rash

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Denis Hard, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

One of the best racing games created by EA games when they could make great games. The game though made in the 90s has some decent graphics that would put some of these newer games to shame. I still play the game quite often.

I'm just wondering if any of you guys still play Road Rash. How would you compare it to some of these other games like Max Dirt Bike, if you've played it?

2. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I played Road Rash again recently but couldn't enjoy it anymore. It wasn't really about the graphics so much as it just didn't handle as well as I remembered it. I played all versions a few times again just to see it again, but ultimately was disappointed that it didn't live up to the memory I've apparently manufactured from it. Still, it provided some good nostalgia, and I hope they bring it back someday via reboot.

3. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

A reboot would be great just as long as the new game won't require any fancy requirements like most of these newer games. And if they can keep it's size lite, that would be even much better.

4. Boundless

Boundless Member

I've never played it, though I've watched some videos on YouTube. It looks fun, might give it a shot.

5. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

Oh sure it's great. I like the game mode where you compete against opponents for cash which you can use to upgrade your bike. Each bike's handling is slightly different so you have to play win the cash and test out all the bikes on sale then choose the one that suits you best [it could be speed or handling]. You can download the game free [legally] from http://www.classic-gaming.net/

6. Oakster

Oakster Member

I wish they rebooted this series, it was massively fun.
    There was talk of it a couple of years ago but it got canceled :(

7. mikelouis

mikelouis Member

Road rash was a craze. A lot of people have played the game over the years but unfortunately I think it was discontinued. Lets hope it will come back in future.

8. Kandikkal

Kandikkal Member

I seriously wish for Road Rash reboot. They could simply do it with a multi player thrown in :D. It will be awesome to play it now.

9. Oakster

Oakster Member

OK, so I was pleasantly surprised when I was playing the GTA4 DLC The Lost and Damned.
    There are a series of bike races in the game that are basically like Road Rash, I was so happy :)
    I think the first time you do one your character even says "Let's show these guys some road rash" I was smiling all the time while hitting my opponents with a bat.

10. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

Agreed. If they made on today, I just hope they don't fill it up with micro transactions, but it think they can really do a very good job at it. I know I'd love to be able to play it with today's graphics and a lot of bike customization.

11. RamZor

RamZor Member

I never played this game and reading the comments makes me sad about it.

12. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

You can probably still try it on emulators. Just buy a $10 controller for your PC Or you could even use your Xbox or PS controller if you have it. If you are against using emulators then there are lots of cheap alternatives you could buy off of eBay or Craigslist, though it's not really worth it just for Road Rash alone.

13. jurew2

jurew2 Member

I've played this game in the past, but I don't play it anymore. I left the game in the past and I'm focusing on playing the newer games, because I rather leave the games from the past in the past, because I don't want to spoil the good memories I have of them.

14. Colebra

Colebra Member

Road Rash was awesome as hell!
    It was the first racing game that featured combat as far as I can remember...
    I loved kicking dudes off their bikes :D

[​IMG]

Denis Hard likes this.
  15. john flaming

john flaming Member

It was a great fun to play this game. I still remember that I use to play it on my Sega. I have installed the road rash on my PC too. I often use to play this game whenever I am bored of other games.

16. overcast

overcast Member

I have introduced my friend to the road rash and that seems to be working out. He is enjoying the game. I may even asked my nephew to play. As the game is seriously good. And it's fun to play it.