Need for Speed Rivals Any gamers plan to watch the movie?

Discussion in 'Need for Speed Unbound' started by Cera, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Cera

Cera New Member

We have always been big Breaking Bad fans so to see Jesse in one of my favorite games you can bet I will be going to see it. Anyone else here excited for it?

2. grandtheftgamer

grandtheftgamer New Member

I haven't decided yet if I'll check this one out. I like the games but I've never been much of one for racing movies. The only reason I've watched all the Fast and the Furious movies is because they all have Vin Diesel, ha! :p

3. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I don't plan on ever watching this because I'm only a fan of the game and the gameplay, rather than being a car fan altogether. I am presuming that the storyline is just a generic one and I personally would rather just see a F&F movie if I wanted a heist/car movie. I honestly don't see much of a connection between this movie and the game other than the title, so I have no interest in seeing it.

4. FosterTXT

FosterTXT Member

I would like to see the movie as I am a big fan of Need For Speed and Jesse Pinkman. As far as I know it is still in theaters and I don't go to theaters because I feel that they are a rip off. It cost's 11 dollars for a ticket where I am from. I am just going to have to wait till it is released on DVD.

5. mauricioq

mauricioq Member

Sure, I love racing movies too!
    Let's just hope that the movie will turn out to be good, because when movies are inspired by games sometimes they are sloppy.

6. Jun Yun

Jun Yun Member

I watched it. It was awesome! Sure it had a corny story, but man was the action just amazing. That final race gave me chills! Also made me cringe a bit seeing those cars being wrecked like that. Thankfully they're just replicas and not the real deal.

7. ciorex

ciorex Member

Saw the review, not really impressed.

8. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

I haven't watched the movie yet but don't think I will any time soon. Sometimes reviews can give you a good idea about how good the movie is. With a score of 22% on rotten tomatoes isn't that really bad? Take a look at one of the reviews:
    I expected a little bit more. So I'll wait until I can get a really cheap used DVD to watch the movie.

9. Jasonreid

Jasonreid Member

I have seen the movie but will. I do hope the movie carries a lot of the game themes. Really interesting concepts in the games. I hope they get transfered to the movie.

10. edthebig

edthebig Member

Well I have not watched breaking bad yet. I know I should and I will eventually. Second, I really don't think this movie will be any good, since most video game movies are not, maybe I will watch just because of love of the NFS franchise, maybe not.

11. spectre456

spectre456 Member

I'm also a big fan of Breaking Bad and the actor who plays Jesse. That's why the movie seems interesting to me to be honest. I haven't watched the movie yet, but as soon as it comes out on dvd I'll check it out, hopefully it's good.

12. joebel

joebel New Member

Of course, granted that it doesn't have a terrible review.

13. jetliposting

jetliposting New Member

I don't have big expectations from it. I'll probably still watch it, as I'm really into cars, car games, car movies and all of that, but I don't expect it to change my life :p.

14. Solar

Solar Member

I watched a couple clips, it looked painfully generic to me honestly. It's not like you can really make much of a movie outta Need for Speed anyway, really. I don't think anybody plays NFS because of story (if there's even any) or anything, it's just a solid racing franchise and nothing more IMO.

15. Jasonreid

Jasonreid Member

Finally saw a portion of the movie. really nothing to write home about. Man most movies these days carry the same story line. These big movie makers are running out of ideas. It's time to look to the east for something new and interesting.

16. crazyman1090

crazyman1090 Member

I don't think I will watch the movie. For some reason, movies created for a particular game just don't appeal to me. Instead, I think I will just stay in my room and play NFS games while others are watching the movie :)

17. BRyze

BRyze Member

I plan to watch it. Not because I'm a fan of the games. I'm planning to watch because I enjoy bad movies. This movie is destined to bad. If it's not I'll eat my words, but I don't plan to do that.

18. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

Yeah, I didn't enjoy the movie at all. It tried quite hard to be like the Fast and the Furious series, but it flopped pretty badly. I found the race scenes to be less exciting than Fast and the Furious, and the relative lack of tuner cars was a letdown for me.

19. soconfused

soconfused New Member

I feel the same as the other people here, it didn't feel like a typical need for speed franchise, yes the F&F has made a benchmark in this regard, they couldn't get around to it.

20. Qarnage

Qarnage Member

That's honestly sad to hear. I've been wanting to check out the movie for a while but from the sounds of it it's better to just put in a F&F movie I guess. I guess it wasn't really meant to be though, NFS is liked more for its gameplay than for its story and the stories that have been in the games haven't been that good either.