Amazon's Sneaky Pete is rather good

Discussion in 'Film and Television' started by alanwaston, Feb 9, 2017.

1. alanwaston

alanwaston New Member

Anyone else enjoying Amazon's new show Sneaky Pete? It was kind of promoted as Bryan Cranston's new show, which, it technically is, but really his biggest role with the show is as producer. His acting part is a smaller cameo role and, surprisingly, I think he's a bit miscast and ends up being the weakest link. I don't really buy him (or his accent) as a NY gangster.

Our titular leading man is Giovanni Ribisi and he's giving a wonderfully jumpy, sly and at times surprisingly emotional performance as a con man on the lamb who always manages to get out of trouble just in time. He's also surrounded by a great supporting cast including Marin Ireland, Pete Gerety and the always brilliant Margo Martindale. I'm usually not a fan of "light" dramas, but, this show just works for me as it manages to deftly blend tense drama with a breezy sense of humor. It's not profound. It's not trying to be the next prestige drama, it's just a very well acted, smartly written, highly entertaining caper-meets-family-drama.

Tags: hip hop ringtones, rap ringtones, music ringtones free . Good fun!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017