All Future Forza Games Will Be Released For PC As Well As XBox

Discussion in 'Racing Game Central News' started by Peter Paltridge, Mar 31, 2016.

1. [​IMG]
    Until now, the Forza Motorsport series has remained exclusive to one machine: Microsoft’s XBox. You haven’t even been able to play it on Windows, a platform Microsoft owns. Why? No one knows why, but today Microsoft announced that longstanding strange tradition was ending. Forza is coming to PC, and it’s coming to stay! “Moving forward, […][​IMG]

Continue reading...

2. roley

roley Member

Wow! that's really interesting news.It really made my coming holiday fixed and I am really gonna play this game and have fun.I heard it that this game was really rocking.But it was limited to the Microsoft's Xbox and now it is going to be released on PC and I definitely going to play it and rock on.

3. Squigly

Squigly Active Member

This is fantastic news to me, as someone who plays mostly on PC. The graphics capabilities of PC would outshine that of consoles as well.

4. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

We should expect more, no, all Xbox exclusives to come to PC eventually since Microsoft is unifying their gaming platforms.

It might take a while but since I don't play most of the other games that doesn't really bother me. Good thing is all future Forza games will be released for PC. That's good enough for me :)

5. Susime

Susime Active Member

It makes me wonder if there will be any graphical tweeks of future Forza games to utilize the better graphical abilities of most PC's.

We shall wait and see.

6. Arvis

Arvis Member

There isn't much to say, except - it's about time. It should have happened sooner.

7. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

There were rumors late last years that Forza would be getting better graphics. I haven't played the new game they released for PC so I can't grade the graphics against the previous console graphics but even if they aren't better Forza 7's graphics will be the best.

8. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

It's sad that it took them that long to release them to PC, I invested a lot of my money in mine and I wanted to play Forza on it for a while now. Glad it's coming!

9. spectre456

spectre456 Member

That's great to hear as it opens up the possibility of drawing in a whole different fanbase from what it has at the moment. They might have kept it exclusive for Xbox because they thought it would help move consoles. After all, the main thing that makes people choose one console over another is their exclusives.

10. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

Microsoft lost the "console wars" and they had to come up with something fast if they were to continue making money from games. Unifying their gaming platforms is a bold move that may yet prove to be rewarding since anyone who has a Windows device or PC running windows can buy their games.

11. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Forza being released for the PC seems a logical step for me, as I think while the game obviously sells well on the Xbox, by giving it a PC launch they're bound to sell even more and open the game out to a wider audience.

Recent figures show that the PlayStation is outselling the Xbox, so they're going to have to try and get some of the money back from somewhere, and PC would help in that matter massively.

Denis Hard likes this.
  12. spectre456

spectre456 Member

Yeah, that's exactly why they're expanding the game to include a pc version, I guess. It's an interesting move that will most likely pay off for them.

13. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

I think they should go a step further . . .

For each game they release for Xbox or PC, it should be ported to iOS or Android. The quality of the games would get a number of people who don't play the games on PC or Xbox to try them.

14. Aurelia

Aurelia Member

I must admit that I have been waiting for this to happen for awhile now and I agree with the statements of many members here: it's about time.

For someone who plays almost exclusively on PC (my friend has got Xbox, but I rarely visit), I have been anxious about this. Whenever I saw a trailer and got excited, my mood would plummet at the "Xbox only" announcement. The graphics are amazing and even the background looks incredibly appealing: I can definitely see why this game could be so popular. But without PC gaming option, it simply hadn't reached its full potential. I think this will be a great improvement. It will make the series more popular. My brother too is very excited about it. We'll be playing it in no time.

I can only say one thing: it's high time PC gets included! I'm looking forward to it. We all are, apparently.

15. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

Only releasing a game on a particular format is going to be a thing of the past I think, and in the future I think more and more games are going to be available across all the platforms. Most people these days have consoles aswell as PC's and I think we should be able to choose what platform we play on, rather than the game developers dictating to us.

16. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

I think when the companies realize that exclusives won't get people to buy consoles any more they'll have to release some of the games for PC. In the past I'm sure they were terrified of piracy but people who pirate games wouldn't have bought them in the first place so it hardly makes a difference.

17. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

The exclusive games I think while did pull some people to a particular format, it didn't make a great deal of difference and that's a reason why game developers are making games available across all the platforms now.

In the past if a game was exclusive to the Xbox for example, that one game wouldn't make people rush out and buy an Xbox.

18. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

Yeah. They are realizing quite late that the exclusives didn't get them more console sales. People who play their games on consoles will always do that while PC gamers will play their games on PC. That might not change. So it certainly is better to release the game on all platforms and make more money from them.

19. Wubwub

Wubwub Well-Known Member

I always just assumed this was also available on PC. I guess now this will widen their fan base even more and considering this is a title that gets lots of praise I'm sure it won't have trouble finding an audience in the PC market.

20. Denis Hard

Denis Hard Member

They did quite a little more with marketing — Forza Motorsport 6: Apex. Free. It gives PC gamers a feel of Forza Motorsport and those who want more will probably buy older Forza games, Forza Horizon 3 or Forza 7 which gets released next year.